Making sure your voice is heard
Emsworth Residents’ Association is an independent, non-political organisation representing the interests of the whole community to help make Emsworth a pleasant, safe and caring place to live and work.
What we do
Our team of professional and skilled volunteers works closely with other organisations to best represent Emsworth – its residents and thriving business community. We do this through funding, and match funding, local projects and through making a difference where planning, flood protection, transport, healthcare, children, schools, money and the environment are concerned.
- We help residents who have issues and worries about local building developments by asking questions and getting answers; achieving results and a best outcome wherever possible.
- We take time to look at planning applications carefully and listen to residents’ views to make certain we best represent them.
- We take transport and parking issues seriously, and try to affect change whenever possible.
- We engage with local police and community groups about issues that affect safety and security, making sure to build and maintain a good working relationship with other local groups with similar priorities in this area.
- Healthcare services and issues are always a priority to us and so is maintaining a good working relationship with local councillors and local officials.
- We work with schools and other organisations to provide local facilities and make groups aware of the funding available through our Community Chest funding.
- We aspire to raise and maintain architectural design standards through consultation with locally qualified professionals.
- We are working to achieve a balanced town infrastructure in line with the Emsworth Design Statement, and regularly review local development plans and other allocations in Emsworth.
- We publish The EMS newspaper which features community news, activities, events, projects and developments, and provides free listings for community groups.. The EMS newspaper is a voice for local people and organisations who wish to raise issues in areas such as health, housing, transport and the environment.
- We run Quarterly Public Meetings to provide residents with the opportunity to voice their concerns, ask questions and get answers from councillors and other professional bodies.
Interests and activities 2020-2022
We are collaborating with a number of local organisations and community groups on:
- Town Centre and Traffic Review Consultation – a report following consultation on how Emsworth can be improved as a place to live, work and visit.
- Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan successfully passed its examination through Havant Borough Council in 2019. The plan was established by the Emsworth Forum. A referendum to complete the process and give it full weight will be held on 8 July 2021.
- The move of Emsworth Surgery, to the former site of the Victoria Cottage Hospital, due to be in operation in May 2021.
- The relocation of Emsworth Library to Emsworth Community Centre – date to be confirmed.
How we are funded
We rely on membership subscriptions from residents, donations and advertising in The EMS to raise much needed funds to support community projects across Emsworth, Hermitage and Thorney.
We support activities such as: Emsworth Alliance, a school playground, youth sports, Nore Barn Wood defences, Brook Meadow, Hollybank Woods, the town’s Christmas lights, annual parades, Emsworth in Bloom and the Square’s bus shelter repairs.
How you can get involved
For just £5 per household, per year, you can help your community by becoming a member of the ERA.
If you have a membership query you can contact us on email@example.com.
For general enquiries contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.